2 lbs of sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 3 in long 1/2 in wide fries (I used a crinkle cutter knife),
2 tbl neutral oil,
salt/pepper to taste
Boil 6 cups of water & combine with 4 cups of room temp water in a large pot . Let potatoes soak in pot on countertop for 1 hr while covered.
2. Dry fries well, mix with oil & seasonings, spread on parchment lined baking sheet in one layer. Bake at 425 F 35-40 min flipping when underside is golden.
3. While fries are baking, Using a food processor, process on high everything except avocado & parsley, till it reaches desired consistency. (I prefer my hummus smooth which takes longer to process about 3-5 min). Next add avocado & parsley, & process again on high. Adjust seasoning to taste.
4. I topped my avo hummus with cilantro, pumpkin seeds, a sprinkling of smoked paprika, & a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with your warm crispy sweet potato fries . Enjoy!!
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 or 10-inch springform, and set aside. Drain and rinse the beans extremely well. This is important. Combine all ingredients except the chocolate spread and chips in a food processor until completely smooth. (Although I haven’t tried and so can’t vouch for the texture, many readers say they’ve gotten good results with a blender.) Pour half the batter into the springform. If not already thin, gently heat the chocolate spread until runny. Swirl over the batter as evenly as possible, getting up to the edges. (See image.) Spread remaining batter on top, then sprinkle on chocolate chips. Bake on the center rack 35 minutes. Let cool at least ten minutes before removing the springform. The pie will be firm enough to slice, and the texture will be reminiscent of unbaked cookie dough! Refrigerate leftovers 3-4 days.⠀
Heat coconut oil in a non stick pan and fry onions till they get brownish.⠀put aside one hand of beans and a handful of corn.⠀mix remaining ingredients in a blender.⠀use your hands to mix in remaining beans and corn.⠀divide the mass into eight equal balls and form patties out of them⠀fry them from each side for a few minutes in your pan until they are done.⠀Enjoy!
Mix all ingredients in a small mixer or food processor. Let the dough rest for 30 min. Form the dough in pieces and roll in sesame seeds. Heat oil in a pan, add the patties and cook until golden and crispy.
1. Heat the oven to 350F. On a lined baking tray, bake the tofu until lightly golden for around 25 mins. You can opt to pan fry the tofu in some oil if you’d like.⠀
2. Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Make sure the cornstarch is diluted.⠀
3. Heat a pan. Add in 1 tbsp oil. Sauté the onions until tender. Add in the bell peppers, carrots, and cabbage. Sauté until cooked, around 10 minutes. ⠀
4. Add in the tofu and cooked noodles. Pour in the sauce mixture. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes until the noodles have absorbed the sauce. Turn off heat and then garnish with some sesame seeds and spring onions, if desired. Enjoy while hot!⠀
Peel and chop the potatoes and cook in a pot with boiling water and salt until fork tender which takes about 12-15 minutes. Drain the water and mash the potatoes with a potato masher. You can add a splash of plant-based milk for a creamier result. Set aside. Heat oil in a pan/skillet over medium-high heat and add the chopped onion. Sauté for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the grated carrot, minced garlic, all spices and sauté for a further minute.Pour in the vegetable broth, add peas (frozen), put the lid on and cook for a few minutes until the carrot is softened. If you use frozen peas, make sure to let them thaw completely. If using canned peas, drain and rinse (no need to cook, add them in the next step). Turn off the heat.Also, add the mashed potatoes and vegan cheese (you can use store-bought grated vegan cheese or vegan cream cheese). Use a fork or a potato masher to combine everything.Taste the veggie mixture and adjust seasonings. Add more salt/black pepper/spices to taste. If you want it spicier, add more red pepper flakes to taste.Preheat oven to 410 degrees Fahrenheit (210 degrees Celsius) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.Place about 2-3 tbsp of the filling onto each tortilla and roll them up tightly. Place every tortilla seam-side down on the baking sheet, next to each other.Brush with a little vegetable oil (to make them even more crispy) and sprinkle some taco seasoning on top
Prepare the dough by sifting the flour into a large bowl. Then add the olive oil, salt, turmeric and a 1/4 cup of water.Using a fork begin to mix the dough. Occasionally adding more water in. Add the water in slowly because you do not want to add in too much.Once the dough is shaggy looking using clean hands begin to knead the dough.Knead the dough for 4-5 minutes until a smooth dough ball has formed. Add in enough water to make the dough come together. I added in a little more than a 1/2 cup of water.Once the dough is smooth and formed into a ball, cover it and refrigerate until ready to use. *if you would like to do this in a stand mixer simply add all the ingredients to the bowl then when ready add the dough hook attachment and knead until smooth.To prepare the filling take the spinach and microwave it or let it thaw on the counter. Then use a paper towel to squeeze the excess water out of the spinach.Once the spinach is dried out crumble in the tofu, then add the non-dairy milk, seasonings and vegan mozzarella.Using the back of a fork mash everything down. You can also do this step in a blender or food processor.Take the dough ball and cut it into 4 even pieces. Take two pieces and place them back in the fridge.On a floured and clean surface take one of the dough balls and begin to roll it out. This will take about 3-5 minutes when using a rolling pin. You want to roll it out very thin to be almost see through. You can also use a pasta attachment or pasta machine to do this as well.Repeat this process with the other dough ball.Then spoon out about 1 tbsp of filling onto one of the rolled out pasta doughs.I like to do 2 rows of 5-6 depending on how much space there is.Then use your finger to rub water in between the filling scoops.Place the other rolled out pasta dough on top and press down with your hands to get the pasta sheets to stick together.Then using a pizza cutter, knife or ravioli cutter you can begin to cut out the ravioli.Using a fork dipped in flour seal the outside edges and place the prepared ravioli on a floured dish. Repeat until all the ravioli have been made.Then repeat steps 10-17 with the other dough balls and remaining filling.When ready you can add the ravioli into the water. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until they float to the top.To make a very easy sauce add all the ingredients into a large sauce pan.Remove the cooked ravioli and place into the sauce pan to absorb the flavor.Finally, when all the ravioli are done plate them up with some extra sage leaves, sea salt and red pepper flakes.
1. rinse zucchini and grate into a mixing bowl. peel and grate potatoes and onion into the same bowl, then drain as much excess liquid as possible by pressing mixture into a fine sieve or straining through a cheesecloth or clean tea towel.
2. finely dice red bell pepper, chop or shred kale, and add both to the mixture.
3. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, herbs, and flour, and mix together until well incorporated.
4. roll mixture into balls and flatten into 2-3 inch patties. if the mixture is too wet and doesn’t hold together, add more flour a little at a time until it reaches a better patty-forming consistency.
5. fill a frying pan with vegetable oil at least 1/2-inch deep. cook fritters on medium to medium high (make sure oil is HOT before adding the fritters to the pan or they will just absorb the oil) for about 3-4 minutes each side, turning once or twice until golden brown and crispy on both sides. if fritters are browning too quickly reduce heat a little.
6. once cooked, remove from pan, sprinkle with a little extra sea salt and allow to cool for a minute or two before digging in!7. these fritters taste best when hot and crispy, so reheat leftovers in a non-stick pan- with or without a little oil- before eating.